Thursday, August 2, 2012

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation- Review

Hello Web Beauties!!

Today there is going to be a MAKEUP REVIEW!!  I am so excited to start doing this.  I have a couple more already in the works, but the one I am most excited about is going to be my drugstore Beauty Balm or BB creams are what they are known as.  I am going to be getting all of the drugstore brands of BB Creams and comparing all of them for you beauties!

Anyway, back to the REVIEW!!

First of all we are going to start with the packaging.  As you can see in the picture there is a lot of extra space in the bottom of the package.  Overall the packaging is very large and a little bulky for a normal storage in a train case or in a restricted makeup storage.  I have found that with a lot of the new Revlon packaging is a little bulky for normal makeup storage.  Other than it being a little bulky, the overall look is very classy and sleek; nothing to extravagant or over the top.

Now onto the formula of the foundation.  I normally had whipped foundation, because I have combonation skin and so my cheeks are dry and my t-zone is oily; so the foundation usually slips off of my skin if it is just whipped foundation.  So this is why I was intrigued in a whipped creme foundation.  The product promises to be a 24 hour foundation, so I wanted to test that out since usual whipped foundations just slip right off of my skin and usually just stays on for about 1 hour at most, then looks patchy.     

The foundation was on the thicker side, but had a light weight feeling when applied.  After applied, I didn't feel as though I could leave it without setting it with a powder.  It also didn't seem to cover all of my imperfections by itself, but I do have skin on the redder side with some patchiness and so that is understandable, so I applied a light concealer and a powder to set.  I applied it all in the morning around 10 am.  Now I am not one that sleeps with makeup on, but I wanted to test the 24 hour promise.  I woke up the next morning around 8 am and it was still pretty much intact.  There may have been a little wiped off here and there, but it still looked pretty good, and when wiped off with a makeup wipe, there still seemed to be a large amount of makeup.  For a drugstore foundation, I was very impressed, and will definitely be repurchasing the product to keep in my collection.

Oh one side note, I am usually, in drugstore foundation, a Creamy Natural, or anything on the lines of Natural Ivory color for foundation, but the summer color I am in Colorstay is number 150-Buff.

Hope this review was helpful!  If there is anything else you would like included in a review, just let me know below!

Love
  <3
     CaitieJo



*For business inquires or if your company wishes to send me products to review, please contact me at my work email at: caitiejobeauty@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment